Blepharoplasty can post a very minimal potential risks and that is a minor issue that takes at a little part in the statistics. Those little complications are overshadowed by the greater things achieved after the surgery.
Eyelid surgery or Blepharoplasty in medical terms is the medical and surgical procedure of removing excess fats, skin, and muscle from the upper and lower eyelid. Oftentimes, people underwent such surgery to look younger and to remove lines and droopy eyes. An eyelid surgery can also be an answer to sagging skin in upper eyelids and drooping and excessive wrinkles in the lower lids.
Most of the time, Blepharoplasty is done for cosmetic purposes. But then, for health reasons, it can be a good way to enhance vision that can sometimes be obstructed by sagging skin. But then, some are disillusioned and misinformed about eyelid surgery. You can’t remove dark circles of the lower eyelids and the wrinkles around the eyes. Wrinkle minimizing can happen only happen below the eye. You have to get another treatment for that.
But for complication issues, there can be ways in which one can avoid it. It can be either through your own effort or through your doctors advice.
Here are few ways to avoid complications during your surgery process.
1. Try for over all medical tests. This can discount injections and medicines that you will be allergic from or things that you doctor should avoid doing. Every person can be different; therefore different needs can arise too. Knowing what your body can receive is a practical thing to do.
2. Try to avoid things and vices that can complicate the procedure before the surgery. Try going healthy for about a week or a month before the surgery if you can’t do it for real.
3. After the surgery, make sure that you don’t touch the area with unclean hands.
4. Do not add irritation to your eyes by rubbing of the dryness which can be pretty normal. It can ease off after some time.
5. Do not be in unfamiliar dark places; this can risk your likelihood on bumping your head anywhere. Plus the fact that your vision can be quite affected after the surgery.
6. Be aware of possible abnormal itching in the eye part. By reporting everything fast to your doctor, you can possibly get an early intervention and avoid further complication too.
Now those are practical and simple things to live by in order to avoid complications during the surgery. Can you think of other possible things to avoid and remedy complications? You can add it up on this list too.
The best thing to do here is to be vigilant and be learned. Research what you will be going through. Master things that are a must and you will be surprised at what you can input in the process later. Plus you will be able to tell if things are going right. During and after the process.