Studies show that cats are the world’s most popular pet with around 220 million of these cuddly animals domesticated worldwide. Despite the expenses in keeping cats, let alone those of top breeds, still many cat lovers do not mind that one half of their monthly tabs were for the cats, especially cat food coupons. But since pet foods are necessary, there are ways to on saving on other cat expenses so that cat food coupons are not compromised.
1. Vaccines for pet cats are as important as pet foods. However, instead for spending around 100$ to150$ for vaccination done by the private vet, why not have the vaccination done at government run institutions and pet organizations that give the vaccines for free? Ask around for contact details of these organizations or surf through the internet. The amount saved on vaccine is quite enough dog food coupons for a year.
2. Spaying and neutering, like vaccination, can also be obtained for free or at minimal cost. If pet cats are not spayed or neutered, the possibility of adding more kittens in your house is very imminent. This also means additional budget for pet foods. Spaying and neutering save the pet owners the worries of having more pets to feed and caring for more cats than the cat lover can afford.
3. Instead of buying brand new cat accessories, recycle unused bowls and furniture found in your home. This way, the savings can be used for buying pet foods. For example, toys, food bowls, litter boxes and grooming tools may be made from discarded things found in your attic.
4. Vitamins, flea control and other medicines for the pet cat may be generic brands. Generic drugs are cheaper, but as effective as medicines from well-known brands. The bigger investments should be on pet foods that comprise the main diet of pet cats.
5. And lastly, be creative and patient in looking for best buy cat food coupons. There are many ways in getting these coupons at a minimum amount or even for free. Surfing online as well as browsing newspapers are good places to start looking for cat food coupons.
Pet foods are the major and most important expense in maintaining pet cats. The quality of pet foods given to cats play major roles in their overall well-being, the budget for pet food should be slashed in favor of accessories and supplements if budget is tight. After all, health is still wealth even for cats.